Friday, May 2, 2008

Shutdown Day - tomorrow!

I'm gonna try this: http://shutdownday.org/



I think the biggest challenge for me will be my cell. phone, especially since it's an e-mail/web browser/etc. SmartPhone.



But I also envision some other difficulties, since our household has come to rely on the convenience of Internet-based driving directions, weather, gardening tips, etc., etc., etc. It's going to take some forethought to avoid pitfalls which will send me scrambling to plug in, power up, and logon (perhaps in a similar sense to this). And since it's nearly Friday afternoon already, I'd better get forethinking!

3 comments:

EEEEMommy said...

Thanks for the heads-up, though you're right about our reliance on the computer.
If it doesn't rain, I'd like to do some planting, and most of my gardening resources are on-line.
Oh, and make sure your employer knows you're "shut down" too. ;)

JustAnotherBlogger said...

Emily, I am sooooo sorry--this wasn't intended to be convicting! I hope you didn't get the shakes, or convulse, or go into shock! :)

EEEEMommy said...

Tag, you're it.