Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I don't talk much...

...and although I've been encouraged by several key friends to try journaling, my handwriting is...well, painful (both the writing and the reading parts).

On top of that, I'm usually quite content to let others do the talking, and I find that in most group settings, there are plenty of others who are quite content to do the talking. See how content we all are? So nice:)

But alas, many thoughts and ideas remain trapped in my chest and cranial cavaties (probably somewhere in the nasal region--there's plenty of room there). On the other hand, do I really want you to know what's going on in there? Wouldn't that be scary? Maybe for both of us?

After all, that is the quandry for a life-long introvert--so many years of obscuring "who I really am" leaves one wondering how acquiantences would be able to digest "who I really am" if it somehow escaped. Oh dear, seems we have a chicken-and-egg predicament.

I'm sure there's all kinds of psychological (bah!) reasonings for the quandry:

1. Lack of parental approval - Now that I'm no longer a "my parents are close-minded dullards" teenager, I've learned to recognize the many ways that they encouraged and praised me during my stubborn youth. And they're certainly full of support for me and my family now. Can't use that one.

2. Low self-esteem - A former Navy SEAL friend once explained that his collection of various tattoos (on his body) was the result of low self-esteem. Hmmm...what kind of tattoo would suit me? Probably a SmartPhone, or perhaps the OSI Layers model? After all, she's kind of cute.

3. Large nasal cavity - Well, this one's kind of genetic. Surgery is available, but since I'm already going in to debt by having a blog (see Post #1), and since I don't aspire to be a celebrity, I'll have to stick with what I've got.

4. Something-or-other-deficit-disorder (SOODD) - As an honorary psychologist (I did, after all take the first week of a high school psychology class), I'm thinking about inventing a new disorder which has a very small known occurence (1). The only problem is that I'd have to contract with a pharmeceutical company to develop an appropriate medication--clinical trials, TV commercials ("May cause diarrhea, vomiting, death, and the symptoms that it's supposed to treat."), etc. = $$$cha-ching$$$ (see Post #1).

5. Food stuck in teeth - No explanation necessary. I could go on...

6. Lack of sleep - See, I'm going on.

7. Malnutrition - Still going on.

8. Invisible ducklings that follow you around the house - Ooooh, not sure that part of "who I really am" is ready to come out and play yet. Sorry!

9. Violent video games - I just threw that one in there for some gratuitous fun.



Wait a minute! As I review my not-painful typing, I see that perhaps "who I really am" stuck the end of his nose around the corner for all to see! (very easy for him to do) Wow, he's quite the comedian (or, at least, he thinks so). I hope he didn't lose you with his deep philosophical musings...oh, wait, I can't tell if there actually were any of those. Mostly just humorous banter, but maybe there were some deep thoughts hidden in there. Well, I guess that's "who I really am." Thanks for loving me anyway!

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

You make me laugh! You and all your psycho mumbo jumbo.